Alfresco is an Open Source Enterprise Content Management (ECM) system that provides features for Document Management, Collaboration, Records Management, Knowledge Management, Imaging and Web Content Management.
We’ve had a JumpBox for Alfresco in the library for some time, but Alfresco 3.2 is a significant upgrade to the previously available version. It brings the Alfresco Web Content Management (WCM) component for managing web sites, Alfresco Share for document collaboration similar to Microsoft Sharepoint and direct mounting of the Alfresco repository as an SMB file share to make it easier to add and edit documents. This new JumpBox is available here.
A few things to note about this release.
- Alfresco is a very complicated application and takes a very long time to start. Once you go through JumpBox configuration it may take up to 10 minutes before the Alfresco application is fully running so please be patient.
- This version of Alfresco comes with a Beta application called Alfresco Studio that does not currently function correctly. This doesn’t seem to be an issue specifically with the JumpBox but with the application in general. We’re working on a fix.
- To get started with WCM in general please see these instructions.
- In order to preview a WCM project in this release you need to follow these instructions first.
- Internationalization is not fully functioning in this release. We’re working on a fix.
Please see this forums thread for additional details about this release and to ask questions if you run into any problems.