We have a whole bunch of application updates to tell you about. With the transition to the JumpBox platform 1.1 it put us a little behind but we’re getting back on track. Of particular note is that the JumpBox for Trac has been updated to the long awaited Trac 0.11 (see below for more detail.
- Don’t forget about the JumpBox Open promo that’s running until Friday. Using the coupon code JULY-PROMO you can get 15% off any Open subscription.
Updated Production JumpBoxes
- JumpBox for Trac 1.1.1 (Download)Trac is an advanced tool for tracking software development projects. It provides a simple wiki, issue tracking system and tight integration with the Subversion revision control system.This release has been updated to Trac 0.11 which is a significant update and brings a new template engine, improvements to usability and the incorporation of the WebAdmin plugin. (Trac release notes)
- JumpBox for phpBB 1.1.1 (Download)phpBB is the most widely used Open Source discussion forum system. With a large and highly customisable set of key features coupled with a standards compliant interface, phpBB will grow with, and compliment your website. It’s a great tool for simple things like staying in touch with friends or more complex uses like a large discussion group for a corporate web site.Updated to phpBB 3.0.2 which is primarily a stability and performance release. (phpBB release notes)
- JumpBox for Drupal 6.x 1.1.1 (Download)Drupal is an Open Source, web content management (WCM) system. It provides a simple, intuitive interface that allows an individual or a community of users to easily publish, manage and organize a wide variety of content on a website without programming skills. This JumpBox is for Drupal 6.x.Updated to Drupal 6.3 which is primarily a bug fix release including a fix for a security vulnerability. (Drupal 6.x release notes)
- JumpBox for Drupal 5.x 1.1.1 (Download)Drupal is an open source, web content management (WCM) system. It provides a simple, intuitive interface that allows an individual or a community of users to easily publish, manage and organize a wide variety of content on a website without programming skills.Updated to Drupal 5.8 which is primarily a bug fix release including a fix for a security vulnerability. (Drupal 5.x release notes)
- JumpBox for Moodle 1.1.1 (Download)Moodle is a course management system that allows educators to create online learning communities for their students. It has an open design with a large developer community creating plugins, themes and modules. It’s used all over the world in environments large and small and is one of the better supported Open Source course management systems. The JumpBox for Moodle is a great way to get up to speed with Moodle and requires a minimal investment in time and money.Updated to Moodle 1.9.2 which is primarily a minor bugfix release. (Moodle release notes)
- JumpBox for Wordpress 1.1.1 (Download)Wordpress is the leading open source blogging platform that has rocketed to popularity thanks to its open design and powerful features.Updated to Wordpress 2.6 which adds a number of usability improvements to the user interface to allow you to track changes to posts and to more easily post new content. (Wordpress release notes)
- JumpBox for Mantis 1.1.1 (Download)Mantis is a web-based bug tracking system that has a suite of advanced features including: time tracking, wiki integration, email notifications, RSS, a RESTful interface, Twitter integration, roadmap functionality and preset workflows.Updated to Mantis 1.1.2 which fixes a number of bugs including a few security issues. (Mantis release notes)
JumpBox for MoinMoin 1.1.1 (Download)MoinMoin is an advanced, easy to use and extensible Wiki Engine with a large community of users. It’s written in Python and has a clean easy to understand user interface. Since it’s a Python program it’s not one of the most popular wikis, but that’s a shame as it has a very clean interface and is a very powerful tool for documentation projects. This makes the JumpBox for MoinMoin even more valuable, because it allows us to expose this great Wiki system to more users who we believe will find it quite valuable.
Updated to MoinMoin 1.7.0 which adds OpenID authentication, Jabber notifications and a number of framework improvements. MoinMoin 1.7.1 was also just released so another JumpBox update will be coming soon. (MoinMoin release notes)
- JumpBox for Joomla 1.5.x 1.1.1 (Download)Joomla! is arguably the world’s most popular open source content management system for public facing web sites. Joomla 1.5 is a ground-up rework of the Joomla 1.0 code base moving it to a true MVC architecture.Updated to Joomla 1.5.4 which is a maintenance release that fixes several bugs and some security issues. (Joomla 1.5.x release notes)
- JumpBox for PunBB 1.1.1 (Download)PunBB is a lightweight discussion forum that provides the essential features to host a thriving community without the tedious database, web server and application setup. It may have fewer bells and whistles than other forum applications but it has an intuitive user interface and renders XHTML-compliant output.Updated to PunBB 1.2.19 which contains a critical XSS security fix. (PunBB release notes)
Updated Beta JumpBoxes
- JumpBox for Redmine 0.6.6 (Download)Redmine is a project management and issue tracking system for software developers. Redmine provides many of the features in Trac plus support for multiple projects, role based access control, time tracking functionality, Gantt charts, a calendar view and user self-registration support.This release has been updated to Redmine 0.7.3 which is primarily a bug fix release. (Redmine release notes)